Friday, February 19, 2010

What is a good adhesive remover on wood that won't discolor or damage it?

I made the mistake of using scotch tape and labels on an expensive red wood bedroom set when I put it in storage serveral years ago. I took it out from storage recently, but find it difficult to remove the label and tape and don't want to chance damaging the fine wood.What is a good adhesive remover on wood that won't discolor or damage it?
I always use Goo Gone on everything. I would use it on a spot that is hidden first to test it, but I would think it would work.What is a good adhesive remover on wood that won't discolor or damage it?
Put some mayonnaise on it and let it sit for 1/2 hour. Take a cloth and gently rub it off. Take a clean cloth to remove any of the mayo residue. This won't harm your wood furniture but if you are worried, test in a non-visible area. Good luck :)
Pull it off slowly then use goo be gone to get the left over stuff off
mayo???

No comments:

Post a Comment