Friday, February 19, 2010

Can you use nail polish remover to take the band-aid adhesive off of someone's skin?

The *nurse* at my (5-year-old) son's pediatrician's office told me to use nail polish remover to get the sticky leftover adhesive from a band-aid off of my son's skin. This does not sound safe or healthy to me. Could some healthcare professionals confirm for me if this is right or not? Actually I would appreciate anyone's imput. I've never heard of that before. Thank you for your help!!!Can you use nail polish remover to take the band-aid adhesive off of someone's skin?
it probably wouldn't hurt, i mean you get it on your hands and fingers, and it would probably work.... use baby oil, or an oily lotion on a cotton ball... i work in the medical field and that's what I always recommend and patients tell me it works fine, and it's gentle on their skin.Can you use nail polish remover to take the band-aid adhesive off of someone's skin?
It may work, my family has always used baby oil and a q-tip, then you wash the oil off with soap and water.
Try using alcohol - that is what I do .
Soap gets almost everything off, in my experience. To be honest, if you just ignore the leftover adhesive then it will disappear in no time. It's a bit like when people write on their hands to remember things... the messages disappear after a day or two of normal washing, without special attention.
I have always used nail polish remover for myself and my children. If it concerns you, be sure to wash the area with soap afterwards.......
Yes, its accurate. You can use nail polish remover or rubbing alcohal. It doesnt hurt unless you get it in his cut.

1 comment: